ArcelorMittal operates all aspects of modern steelmaking as well as the associated iron ore and coal mining operations. It produces a wide range of flat, long and stainless steel products to meet today’s needs in all major customer markets.
Steel is the material of choice for environmental protection; not only is it environmentally friendly but it also outperforms other materials because it is readily recycled.
Environmental excellence, incorporated into all processing activities, is to be promoted by the following principles:
- Implementation of environmental management systems including ISO 14001 certification for all production facilities;
- Compliance with all relevant environmental laws and regulations, and other company commitments;
- Continuous improvement in environmental performance, taking advantage of systematic monitoring and aiming at pollution prevention;
- Development, improvement and application of low impact, environmental production methods taking benefit of locally available raw materials;
- Development and manufacture of environmentally friendly products focusing on their use and subsequent recycling;
- Efficient use of natural resources, energy and land;
- Management and reduction where technically and economically feasible of the CO2 footprint of steel production;
- Employee commitment and responsibility in environmental performance;
- Supplier and contractor awareness and respect of ArcelorMittal’s environmental policy;
- Open communication and dialogue with all stakeholders affected by ArcelorMittal’s operations.
Luxembourg, June 11, 2007
Lakshmi N. Mittal - President of the Board of Directors and CEO
Aditya Mittal - CFO and member of the GMB
Malay Mukherjee - Member of the GMB
Gonzalo Urquijo - Member of the GMB
Michel Wurth - Member of the GMB